We’re looking for a full-time WordPress guru to join our team in Marsden, Huddersfield. Primarily you will be transforming designs into beautiful, functional WordPress based websites, pushing WordPress’s capabilities and stretching its boundaries. Even further than just websites, you will be developing full web apps in WordPress using a combination of plugins and your own ingenuity.
As a secondary role, you will also be involved with looking after our hosting service; a service we offer to all our clients.
- Be developing heavily on top of the WordPress platform
- Be able to find, wherever possible, straightforward technical solutions to client requests (and be able to explain them!)
- Be able to work with autonomy to meet client expectations
- Be an expert bug catcher (nets not provided)
- Be working closely with our creative and marketing team
- Be able to do at least basic Linux administration as we support our own servers
- Be able to work with a LAMP stack (not the Ikea kind)
You should have:
- Excellent, demonstrable PHP skills
- Excellent MySQL knowledge
- A few years of WordPress & WooCommerce development experience
- Plenty of experience doing WordPress theme development
- An ability and willingness to learn
- Ninja like HTML5 and CSS skills
- Able to work well with jQuery
We’ll give you bonus points for:
- A general knowledge of the PHP ecosystem and supporting tools/frameworks etc.
- Previous agency experience
- PPC and / or SEO platform knowledge
- Any WordPress plugin development
- A good sense of humour
The full-time, fully-employed position pays £32,000 a year dependant on experience. The role is based at our beautiful converted textile mill in the Pennine foothills of Marsden village, just outside of Huddersfield. Marsden has a direct rail and bus link to Huddersfield and beyond!
To apply, email our Technical Director Phil Mells on firstname.lastname@example.org with your full CV and examples of recent projects you have produced. Please include at least 2 examples of work that is currently live. The closing date for applications is 18/08/2017 following which we will select successful candidates for interview, either face to face at our Huddersfield offices or by Skype.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed that no applicant is discriminated against on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, race, taste in music, or Star Wars trilogy preference.